Michaela Jedinak is a personal stylist, designer and fashion entrepreneur, who launched her own fashion label in 2013 with a focus on senior business women.
Michaela Jedinak is a personal stylist, designer and fashion entrepreneur, who launched her own fashion label in 2013. With her focus on the individual woman, Michaela brings a rare human touch and sensibility to modern fashion options.
Michaela’s ethos and taste is grounded in a unique range of experiences from the fashion, media and design industries in London, New York, Milan and Prague.
- She was Managing Director of Cosmopolitan in Prague where she deepened her passion for colour and style.
- While working for a design agency in Milan she developed a love for Italian women’s style. Italian women naturally know how to effortlessly look their best and create their own signature looks.
- While working for Grey Interactive she recognized the potential for online media to empower women and dramatically improve their clothes shopping experience.
As a result of her experiences, Michaela is passionate about finding the perfect fit and style for a woman’s individual shape. She wants to empower women to wear a dress that makes them look and feel good; that brings a smile to their face every time they wear it. She believes that every woman is different and should build on her own unique DNA rather than try to be a bad copy of someone else! Dressing with style needs strategy and an understanding of one’s coloring and body shape.
Among Michaela’s accomplishments:
- In 2005, she founded one of the leading colour and style consultancies, Joy of Colour.
- In 2009, she launched Joy of Clothes to share her personal styling experience with a wider audience. It is now one of the leading personal style websites with a loyal worldwide following.
- In 2012, Michaela published her first ebook, STYLE ME, Your Personal Stylist.
- In 2013, she launched her first dress collection.
Michaela is a dog owner, great animal lover and supporter of animal causes including the preservation of our remaining wild life. She tries to increase awareness of the fact that there is no need for fur in fashion while helping with education to stop the poaching, killing and cruelty of animals for fashion.
Michaela Jedinak Show Notes
What is your Background?
What did you try, the designer clothing business?
Did you learn about clothing in class?
Do you measure people?
What is the most successful idea that you implemented for your business?
When you say senior business woman, do you mean senior as in position or in age?
What was the least successful idea and how did you change tactics to fix it?
What is the best advice someone has given to you?
Is there any advice you can give to someone just starting out?